Click here to leave this site immediately
“CONTACT of Huntington envisions a community free of sexual violence.”
In addition to supporting survivors and spreading awareness of the problem of sexual assault and stalking in our community, CONTACT is committed to preventing sexual violence of any kind.
Thoughtful, well-planned prevention programs that are chosen for their effectiveness and ability to speak to diverse populations will enable us to reach our ultimate goal: no more victims of sexual violence.
CONTACT’s Prevention Education programs employ: multiple strategies for different ages; varied teaching methods to accommodate differences in learning styles; an adequate number of presentations to allow participants time to integrate new information and behaviors; models that are supported by current research; sensitivity to developmental, socio-economic and cultural issues; meaningful program evaluation; and presenters who are competent, trained and sensitive to the issue and their audience.
You can contact our Prevention Education Specialist to address the needs of your school or community group, whatever their age.
Prevention Education Programs for Children and Teens
Pre-School / Elementary
- Cyber Bullying: A Prevention Curriculum (Hazelden) grades 3-5.
- Don’t Pick On Me -Help for Kids to Stand Up to & Deal With Bullies by Susan Eikov.
- Help I’m A Bully – Grades 3-5 – HRM
- Second Step: Skills for Social and Academic Success – Committee for Children
Grades 4 & 5
- Steps to Respect: A Bullying Prevention – Committee for Children, grades 1-5
- Too Good for Violence: Prevention curriculum, grades 1-4.
- Bullies Are a Pain In the Brain-Trevor Romain Company-25 minutes (Appropriate for grade 2-8)
- I Said No! A Kid-to-kid Guide to Keeping Private Parts Private By Kimberly King
- We Care Elementary: a child sexual abuse prevention program for grades 3-5. Prevent Child Abuse Vermont.
Middle School / High School
- Expect Respect-A School Based Violence Prevention Program- Grades 6-12
- Safe Dates-Adolescent Dating Abuse Prevention Curriculum- grades 6-12
- Salvaging Sisterhood – A Small Group Counseling and Classroom Curriculum for Relationally Aggressive Girls-Grades 6-12
- Second Step: Students Success Through Prevention –Grades 6-8
- B Careful When U Txt: The Dangers of Texting and Sexting (HRM) - Grades 6-8.
- SPEECHLESS-DVD + curriculum dealing with male sexual assault - Grades 6-12.
- Let’s Get Real-DVD/documentary + curriculum dealing with name calling and bullying– grades 6-12.
- Relationship Smarts Plus 3.0 & Hip-Hop Dating Guide – Dibble Institute -grades 6-12.
- In Their Shoes-Classroom Edition – Teens & Dating Violence – WSCADV- grades 6-12.
- The SAFE-T Program- The Sexual Abuse Free Environment for Teens: curriculum focusing on building Heathy Relationships- grades 6-8.
- Straightlaced - How Gender’s Got Us All Tied Up - DVD & Guide - A variety of theme-based activities to extend and deepen the conversation on specific topics, such as: media messages, gender identity, stereotypes and social disparities, gay and lesbian experience, gender and race, and healthy relationships. (high school, special considerations made for middle school audiences)
College / Adult
- Welcome to the Party – Full Teaching Curriculum Centered with DVD on College Partying, Alcohol Use and Sexual Predators
- Wise Guys Male Responsibility Curriculum: The Next Level-Family Life Council
- Internet Safety 101: Empowering Parents (Teaching Series-Workbook and DVD)
In addition to advocacy services for college aged victims of sexual assault and stalking, CONTACT’s Campus Advocate works closely with faculty, staff and students toward creating an environment free from sexual violence and stalking at institutions of higher education in our service area.
Presentations that focus on Consent, Safe Dating on College Campuses, Bystander Intervention and Title IX Requirements and Implementation may be incorporated into course curriculum for classes in nearly any discipline including: Psychology, Women’s Studies, Nursing, Criminal Justice, Sexuality and Gender Studies, History, Counseling, Education, Anthropology, Sociology, English, Public Health, or Management.
Specific programs are also available for:
- New student orientation (Week of Welcome, UNI 101, First Year Seminar)
- Employee Orientation
- Rape Aggression Defense class (RAD)
- Resident Advisor Training
For more information, call or email: 304-523-3447, email@example.com
Professional Development Training – Other custom presentations can be created for organizations and businesses needing sexual harassment training, diversity training, and bystander intervention training. More topics are available upon request.
CONTACT serves victims of sexual assault and stalking in Cabell, Lincoln, Logan, Mason, Mingo and Wayne counties in West Virginia.
ALL SERVICES ARE FREE AND CONFIDENTIAL
CONTACT Rape Crisis Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability and age in the delivery of services.
©2017 Contact of Hutington Rape Crisis Unit
All Rights Reserved